The SMILE Station!
The SMILE Station is a local venue ideal for receptions and community meetings. Built in 1926, it was originally a firehouse and later remodeled to serve the community’s needs. SMILE Station serves as the SMILE (Sellwood-Moreland Improvement League) headquarters, and hosts many community meetings and private events.
The SMILE Station is available for rent for celebrations, meetings, retreats and concerts. It is an affordable, first class facility that offers a vintage interior with landscaped grounds, a baby grand piano, fireplace, commercial kitchen, round table seating for 60 with capacity for 100 and is handicapped accessible
History: Originally a firehouse, Old Engine 20, it was built in 1926. The Toy and Joy Maker program got its start in this building. In 1959, it began its second career as a clubhouse for the Boys and Girls Club. When that group vacated, it was purchased from the city and renovated for its present use.
- two restrooms
- fully air-conditioned & heated
- commercial kitchen
- round table seating for 60 with capacity for 100
- handicapped accessible
- wifi accessible
- baby grand piano
- large video presentation system
- chairs and tables included in rental
- a short walk from Oaks Pioneer Church Chapel
- located in the heart of the Sellwood neighborhood
- a community owned and operated facility
- less than 10 minutes from downtown Portland
Interior photo Gallery
SMILE Station Location
We are located in Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood of Portland Oregon. Our community has awesome small-business owned restaurants & shops, beautiful parks, and above all, wonderful people!